These were the most frequently asked questions regarding Clear-Com Agent-IC at NAB 2015 (Part II of II):
Applies to Agent-ICconnecting to Eclipse -HX 9.1 or earlier versions
- Does one Agent-IC app on a phone equal one port on a Eclipse frame?No. The license only restricts the number of Agent-IC users currently online.
- What restrictions are associated with an Agent-IC license?The license only restricts the number of Agent-IC users currently online.
- What security / passwords are associated with Agent-IC use?The same security / passwords as the V-Series Panels. Simple username/password. Encryption will most likely be available in the first release.
- Can I remotely disconnect an Agent-IC user that accidently leaves the app on their phone active?Not yet. However, this feature request has been communicated to Clear-Com’s Product Development team.
- What key activation schemes are available on the iPhone / iPad using the Agent-IC app?The Agent-IC key action types are configurable within the matrix EHX program and can provide momentary or swipe to latch talk, listen or talk with listen.
- Can I latch keys / have non-latching keys using the Agent-IC app?Yes, this is configurable through EHX.
- When will the Android version of the Agent-IC app be available?Yes, as of 2016, we now have Android support.
- Does the Agent-IC app provide audio metering?Yes this is provided within the app to show incoming microphone level. Volume settings are shown graphically.
- Can more than one person use the same license?Yes. Any number of iPhone uses can download from the App store but at any one time only the quantity that are licensed at the matrix can connect.
- How many Agent-IC licenses can I have on one Eclipse frame?It is limited to the number of IVC ports installed within the Frame.
- What happens if I lose connection during a call?The Agent-IC App will auto-reconnect continuously until the connection is reestablished.
- Will I see call indication on a V-Series panel from a user using the Agent-IC app?Yes, you can see both Call signal and Reply signalization.
- Does the Agent-IC app provide text messaging like Concert?Not yet. However, this feature request has been communicated to Clear-Com’s Product Development team.
- Do I have to enter user name / IP / password every time I log in to the Agent-IC app?No, just once.
- Can I use the Agent-IC app as a telephone IFB to talent?Yes but it may require a high quality, low latency LAN. It is not recommended on latent networks.
- When will the Agent-IC app be released?Agent-IC will be released in June/July.
- Where do I go to get the Agent-IC app?You can download Agent-IC from the iTunes App Store and the Google Store
- What codecs does the Agent-IC app use?Agent-IC uses the G.722 Codec.